INCI: Macadamia Ternifolia seed oil.
Macadamia Oil is a light to medium oil which has a natural affinity for the natural oil in our skin and so is easily absorbed and wonderfully moisturising. It is a wonderful oil to use in antiageing skin care formulations (esp for mature skin) as it has a high content of Palmitoleic Acid.
Palmitoleic acid: is vital for delaying skin and cell aging, as our skin ages it rapidly becomes depleted in palmitoleic acid. Palmitoleic acid has the following amazing benefits:
- Boosting collagen production
- Protecting against oxidative damage
- Restoring youthful resilience and plumpness to ageing skin cells
- Rejuvenating skin cell membranes
- Enhancing the skin’s ability to retain moisture
- Repairing sun-damaged skin
- Protecting against sun damage, toxins and environmental stress
- Oleic acid: Gives macadamia its fantastic regeneration and moisturizing properties.
Linoleic acid: This is a wonderful fatty acid, that helps to prevent trans epidermal water loss (TEWL), from the skins delicate tissues.
High in phytosterols: These have a real affinity with the skin.
Plant phytosterols are the building blocks of our cell membrane.
These sterols work the same way that cholesterol does in our skin, this is one of the reasons why macadamia has great skin penetration abilities.
They are calming and healing, making macadamia the perfect oil for repairing the skin’s barrier function.
Palmitic 7 -10 %
Palmitoleic 16 – 23 %
Stearic 1 – 5 %
Linoleic 1 – 3 %
Oleic Acid 55 – 63 %