Sepimax Zen: thickening, stabilising and texturising powder polymer. It forms transparent gels with a velvety, rich and elegant feel. It is versatile and can be used in both skin care and hygiene products.
Sepimax Zen features
- Ready-to-use: pre-neutralised powder
- Cold or hot process
- pH range: 2-8
- Multifunctional: thickening, stablising and texturizing
- Extreme resistance to electrolytes up to 10% salt
- Forms clear aqueous gels
- Excellent particle suspension power
- Sprayable fluid to thick textures
- Compatible with ethanol and other solvents, surfactants, AHAs, salicylic acid, sun filters and sunscreens, pigments.
INCI: Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6
Usage (Please note the following are not manufacturers recommendations but are based in our own experience of working with this polymer for a while)
Stabilising / thickening polymer in creams – 0.3% added to heated water phase (add other heated water phase ingredients and heat to 80c – sprinkle Sepimax onto surface of water while whizzing with a stick blender on full speed)
Gelling agent. 1.5% to 3% added to cold water. Sprinkle onto surface and leave for 8 hours. Then gently stir with a spatula or similar suitable implement. You should obtain a crystal clear gel.