– sophisticated and highly effective gelling and thickening agent
INCI: Lecithin (and) Sclerotium gum (and) Xanthan gum (and) Pullulan
The thickening properties of Siligel™ are due to the synergistic polysaccharide combination of xanthan gum and sclerotium gum.
at >0.5% Siligel will acts as a co-emulsifier to a primary emulsifier providing stability to your emulsions
Skin feel enhancer:
offers emulsions an exceptional light feel and a good spreadability close to silicone, due to the synergistic combination with pullulan. Compared to classical natural gelling agents, Siligel™ provides good advantages: lower picking and resilience. Moreover, resulting textures are as sophisticated as the ones obtained with synthetic gelling agents.
Improves skin penetration of other actives in the formulation
- is stable within a wide range of pH, from 3 to 10.
- supports high quantity of electrolytes (up to 2%).
- is compatible with surfactants. It is particularly interesting for a use in shampoos and shower gels
- since it increases viscosity and improves sensorial properties.
- is compatible with most preservatives and additives.
Dosage and Applications
- Gelling agent: 0.5-2%
- Stabilizer: > 0.5%
- Co-emulsifier: > 0.5%
- Suspending agent: > 1.2%
- Skin feel enhancer: > 0.3%
Optimum pH range 3 -12